Sunday, December 2, 2012

World...Meet Bernard!

About 3 or 4 years ago I had heard about the book Elf on a Shelf, and the elf that went along with it. I thought that it was a brilliant idea, but I did not want to spend the money to buy this, I thought, very expensive elf. Yes I know I am a bit cheap at times! So my mom had this little elf that we used instead. His name is Bernard and he is our elf that comes at the 1st of December and reports to Santa every night about how well the girls have been acting! This whole idea is just genius I think. For one month the girls do pretty much everything asked without too much arguments because of the fear of this elf going and reporting their actions to Santa! He moves around the house each night and is in a new place in the morning. The girls run around looking for where Bernard is. Josh LOVES this, the other day the girls had candy that he wanted and he would keep asking for candy while sitting under where Bernard was at and when they didn't really want to give him anymore he would just look up to Bernard and they would rush to share with him! You may ask, "Is this wrong of us to manipulate our kids into being good for one month? I say no way, if you have found a way to get your kids to listen I don't care if it only lasts for that one month that tradition is a keeper! And so Bernard will keep coming as long as the girls keep believing!

1 comment:

  1. Really? Josh is stealing candy from my girls. I wonder if that would work at school. But one month isn't enough for me. Elizabeth and Abby are such good girls all the time, Bernard has an easy job.

    ReplyDelete