Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little Girl Book Club!

The book has been read and the girls were ready for their book club! The "Little" Andersen's hosted the little girl book club this time. They picked the book Charlotte's Web so they hosted. Amy all I have to say is you AMAZE me! We started off with a giant web filled with little papers on it. Each girl took turns to pick a piece of paper that had a discussion topic on it. Then we discussed the question, or topic. It actually went really well. Each of the girls had something to say about the book. It ranged from their favorite part of the book to what they thought made Charlotte a good friend! Next we made sparkly webs out of glue and glitter! Then, we frosted these cupcakes into pig faces! They turned out SO cute!!! Then of course we ate them. My girls LOVED their book club so much that Elizabeth asked if we could get started on the next book as soon as we got home and asked if we could finish tonight so that we could have another book club tomorrow! Abby chimed in before I could even give an answer to Elizabeth by saying, "Sister, we have to wait for the little Andersen's to finish the book too!" I love that I have gotten even my kids to call the Andersen's the "Little Andersen's"! As for the little girl book club I think that it was a Major Success! So well done Amy I think you should put together all of our book clubs!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea for kids. What is the next book you are reading? It sounds like the "little Andersons" had better get reading! Elizabeth and Abby are ready for another book club activity.

    ReplyDelete