Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Girls Christmas Parties

Today was everyone's Christmas Parties down at the school! Thankfully the girls parties were at different times so that I didn't have to choose which one to go to I could go to both! First up was Abby's Party! 1st graders are so cute and just so happy about anything we do for them. The mom in charge put together a really cute party. They decorated cookies, made reindeer feed, made ornaments for a gift for parents, played Christmas BINGO, and made a snowman bookmark! Yes it was filled with just about EVERY activity you could think of for kids! When we got there they had just had a letter delivered to them from an ELF! I guess they wrote letters to Santa earlier that week and today they got a delivery back with letters to each of the kids answering all of their questions they asked and written by one of Santa's Elves, to each kid personally! It was the CUTEST thing I think that I ever saw. The kids all started just jumping up and down SO excited that Santa got back to them. I heard things like, "I told you Santa is REAL!",and "Yes! I'm on the Nice List", to name a few! Every child in that class felt so special...I just love that!
Right after Abby's Party was Elizabeth's! I made each of the kids an ornament with their picture in it that I of course found on Pinterest! The picture of the ornament is one that I made for one of my friends kids, but they all looked like this. At Elizabeth's party they played a lot of games, they made ornaments for their teacher as a Christmas gift and they decorated ice cream cones with frosting and put candy on it to make Christmas trees. At the end they had a gift exchange game that they played and then they all got a gift. As I was sitting there watching Elizabeth play the last game I noticed that she had food ALL OVER her face and hands! I just don't know how to get it through that kids head to think to wash her face!! Oh well I hope that some day she will figure that out!Oh and by the way the cotton on Elizabeth's nose in EVERY picture is just that cotton colored a little bit red because she wanted to be Rudolf! I don't know where this kid comes from!
Both parties were lots of fun, but I do have to say I am sort of happy we are done with them...At least now I have a few months until the next party!

1 comment:

  1. You should live in Vegas. We don't get to do parties unless they are totally educational and follow the common core standards. Really? Crazy - huh! Sounds like you had lots of fun and what a fun way to begin the holidays.

    ReplyDelete