Saturday, December 8, 2012

The PAIN of Yoga!

So I have been reading in my many arthritis books and they all seem to agree that yoga is an excellent form of exercise for me to do, and I am ready to try anything. I have been asking around to all my friends to see if anyone would be willing to go with me....yes I'm like 4 years old and don't want to go alone! I really couldn't get anyone to go or to show up so I have been putting it off for months. I think I am driving Josh crazy because I just keep saying, "I want to start Yoga!" and he doesn't understand why I just don't go start already. What he doesn't understand is that these things take time!!!
A few weeks ago I saw this video on facebook that came from youtube that pushed me over the edge to be motivated to finally start! You have to watch it, it made me cry. It is on youtube and is titled, Never Ever Give Up Arthur's Inspirational Transformation! www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448 here is the link! After watching I thought if he could do it then maybe I could. And after going to my VooDoo doctor and she said that this guy is for real that she contacted him to make sure he was for real...you just can't always trust everything on the internet, I asked Cory my sister to go to Yoga with me. Cory is the person you go to if you want something done. I just love that about her, I just love getter done people, maybe it's because I wish I was like that and had the energy that she does! We decided to go to the Pleasant Grove Community Center for a Yoga class this morning at 8AM!! For those of you that really know me 8AM is still night time for me I HATE mornings with a fire like passion! It might come from the fact that my body doesn't move when I want it to in the mornings and I have pains that no person of my age should have in the morning, or it might just be that I really am not a morning person!
I don't think that Josh thought I would get up...but I dragged my butt out of bed and drove to pick Cory up and we DID IT!!! Now of course I didn't finish the hour class but I hung in there for at least a good 45 mins! Then the pains started, if you have never done Yoga and you think that it is just a bunch of stretching and it is easy...you are SO wrong it is hard!! And I'm not just saying that for someone who is out of shape it was hard when I was young and in shape!!! After today I don't think Cory expected me to want to do it again, but as I dropped her off I asked ok you want to do that again. Like the good sister she is she said yes. So wish me luck on my new exercising program of Yoga!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm so glad you have Cory there to go with you. It is so much easier and more fun when you have someone to go with - especially something like Yoga.

    ReplyDelete