Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Cole Christmas

This year Cory and her family are going to be gone for Christmas so we decided to have our family Christmas Party tonight. And even though Bryce couldn't be there and Celeste didn't get there until later we had a wonderful dinner together and then went upstairs to where the Christmas tree is in the toy room. In our family at Christmas time we have a tradition that before we celebrate Christmas with presents we celebrate by sharing our testimonies with each other. As a kid this was not always my favorite part, but as an adult with children of my own I have to say this is my favorite part. I love hearing the kids each take their turn and share with us what they believe in. Then I love sharing with my children what I truly believe in!
After we gave the Ludvigson's their Christmas gifts and they gave to us. 
A Christmas miracle happened.....Josh actually gave a GOOD hug to someone other then me!
Before the Ludvigson's opened ALL of their gifts from Nana we had a special visitor show up....SANTA! Santa took the time out of his busy schedule to come visit our kids!! They each got to sit on his lap and say what they wanted. He knew each of their names and a little something about them....sort of! It went pretty well, except Elizabeth didn't want to sit on his lap and sort of started to cry (however she was already having a tough time before he even came so it might not of been him so much as that she was tired and just wanted to be left alone!)
After Santa came and went the Ludvigson's opened the rest of their gifts and then we all had dessert! It was a fun filled night and the girls just can't wait until Christmas when they will open up their gifts! Abby tells me that Santa along with the elf that wrote her a letter says that she is on the nice list (So of course she feels that she is getting everything that she asked for!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I'm not surprised that Abby is on the nice list. That is cool that Santa was able to come. I remember taking the girls to see Santa in California and I think we had the same reaction from Elizabeth then. haha You are making wonderful memories for the girls.

    ReplyDelete