Friday, October 12, 2012

Who Knew?

Josh and I went back to the Allergist last week to take the food allergy test. I was thinking that I wasn't allergic to any food because I eat everything and when I think of a food allergy I think of those people that have to go to the hospital or stick themselves with a shot if they eat anything they are allergic to. I don't know why but this is what I think about, even though I have been told that EE disease is caused by an allergic reaction, and not typically a giant one but over time one...I guess I really do live in the little town of denial for a while after a doctor tells me about an new disease that I might have. And sadly it seems to happen more often then not!

This test was defiantly not as bad as the pollen one. I was only allergic to 4 things enough to warrant the instructions to stay away from them. None were as bad as any of the pollens that left welts on my back. My 4 things are Peanuts, Oats, Barley, and Mustard. After hearing this I thought oh, no big deal when do I ever eat any of these....well I did ALL the time. You do not realize how much you eat of something unless you are told you can't eat it anymore!!! Examples: Peanuts, don't really care for the nuts alone, and I don't really eat PP&J's but EVERY dessert I LOVE has Peanut butter in it!!!! Peanut Butter Cups: LOVE, Peanut M&M's LOVE, Peanut Butter Cookies: LOVE...I hate being forced onto a diet! Then there was Oats, I love me some Oat Meal and once I was told I can't have that what do you think I have been craving....The barley at the time I was thinking I never eat because really who does, but did you know they put malt barley in EVERYTHING!!!! Most Breads are made with it, I LOVE bread....Then Mustard sad day I love me some mustard on hotdogs, hamburgers....

So come to find out I was eating everything that I am allergic to and daily!! So for the next month at least until I go back to the doctors I am not allowed to eat these yummy foods! I really hope that this helps my throat and if it does I guess it is worth it to not eat these foods again.

No comments:

Post a Comment