Saturday, October 27, 2012

RAD Kids Graduation

 RAD Kids is a program they have in 1st grade to help the kids learn how to get away from strangers and stay safe...it's kinda like the DARE program from when I was little. After the week of it they get to have a graduation and they get to show the parents all the things they learned! This is before they started...it is only two of the 1st grade classes, they break up the 1st graders into two different times so that it's not so crowded, and all the parents can fit into the gym to see the kids.
 Then they got into a circle to show all the parents what they learned. It is really kind of fun, they learned how to punch and hit someone that is trying to take them away! And they yelled things like "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! or NO NO!"
 Next they got all geared up to show us their moves on a police guy! Abby was so excited to in her words, "Beat up a cop...but it is ok because they said we could!"
 For being so excited Abby didn't really hit very hard. She kind of punches like a girl! But she was happy with how she did after the whole thing was over so I guess that is all that matters. I just hope that if the time really does come to use these moves that she learns to put a little more force behind the punch then she did tonight. It was like she was hitting a bug...no I think she hits bugs harder!
This was the nice cop that got to be hit by all the kids that night! Abby said she didn't want to hurt him so she didn't hit him that hard!
After they go to the cop they run over to the play phones and call 911 for help...or at least that is what I think she is doing...with Abby who knows who she is calling!
After all the kids do that then they get to go up when their name is called and receive their certificate for completing the program.
And then they get candy of course!

Abby did such a good job after it was all over she told me that I really should of taped it for daddy. Josh was out of town and couldn't be there. I told her that I took lots of pictures but she didn't think that was enough... video really would of captured it better!

Elizabeth and I sat with a bunch of Elizabeth's friends and I was so happy she cheered SO loud for her sister and well everyone else too. My ears were hurting by the end. I know that I told Josh I wanted little girls so that we could have girl giggles...but the yelling is a bit much! But they were all so cute and cheered their loudest for the little kids! I really do love to see older siblings get excited for the little ones. This is my last RAD Kids graduation and I enjoyed every bit of it...and Abby was probably right I should of taped it!

No comments:

Post a Comment