Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A 1st Grade Wedding Shower!

Abby's school teacher is getting married this weekend and so our amazing head room mother organized a bridal shower with the whole class! Abby was SO excited! A few of us mothers helped out and came in for the last about 45 minutes of class today.
 I was in charge of picking up the cupcakes. They wanted white cupcakes and when I got them at the store they just looked so plain....so I thought I would make each of the cupcakes little cupcake wraps and signs to stick in them. I thought it was a good idea but about half way through and a few hours into the project I started to wonder why I do these things. Even more so after all the kids ate them and just threw the wraps away without a care. But I got them done and they did look really cute. The signs say Mrs. Hernandez (her new name) and some of them had hearts on them.
 We had the class bring in money so that we could get her a gift and our head mother got a gift card and had a sign made with her new name on it, it was really cute!
 We played a game with all the kids and had them make Miss Thomas a wedding dress out of napkins and tape! The kids did SO good. I loved the fact that the boys were really into this activity and were making bows and flowers for the dress!
 The whole class with the Bride! They were very cute about the whole party! And loved that their sweet teacher let them dress her up!
 After all the kids blew wedding bubbles at the bride! They got to keep the bubbles so that they could blow them this weekend if they go to the wedding!
I made a BIG sign the reads "We Love The Bride" and we had all the kids sign it and we are going to hang it up when she gets back from her honeymoon! So until then...Best wishes Miss Thomas soon to be Mrs. Hernandez!

No comments:

Post a Comment