Saturday, October 6, 2012

School Pictures

 It's that time of year again...and I know that it is a cliche but they grow up SO fast! School pictures just came back and I think I have the cutest kids around...of course I might be a tiny bit bias! Elizabeth is in 3rd grade and Abby is in 1st!!! They both are all day at school leaving me to wonder what I ever filled my days with! Well not really wondering...because I seem to fill them just fine, but I do love to hear all about their days when I pick them up from school! And I have started to go into the school more and help out in the classroom, which to be honest I really do like. I like to get to the their teachers and the kids that they are in class with. I am hoping though that they don't always act like big goof balls when I'm not around, like they do when I enter the classes!!! (P.S. I toned down "goof balls" to make it more P.C. then to what I really would call how they act!)

For these pictures Elizabeth wanted curly hair like her sister, so we put them in curlers the night before. Abby who once hated her curly hair now loves it and loved that "Sister" wanted to look like her for the pictures!
I'm just so happy that they smiled they had me take their pictures that morning to practice how they were going to smile...and let me tell you I don't know how many times I had to say, "Just smile normal!" I guess these people who take kids pictures all day really do know what they are doing!!!

Since I reported how Abby's parent teacher conference went I am told I need to report Elizabeth...I've been told by Elizabeth! Her teacher had wonderful things to say about her that she is a nice girl and never has to tell her to stay in her seat. She gets her tasks done in class. She is getting an A in both reading and math! I didn't know that we are now into A,B,C grades now but we are. She is a bit behind in her reading kinda like every year when we start after summer, but not by much and so she is going to start a program before school 3 times a week to get her back up on the level they want her to be at. Elizabeth LOVES her teacher so she will pretty much do anything her teacher suggest! Which is great!

I am so happy with both the girls and their reports from their teachers and how they love school and can't wait to get their in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest school pictures! Elizabeths hair looks so light! Is that just the lighting? They both look so pretty curly hair or not :) Can't wait to see you guys next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that their hair got a little lighter from all the swimming during the summer and being outside so much! They both have sun streaks all through their hair!

    ReplyDelete