Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Someone Has To Be Organized Around Here!

About a month ago I decided we needed a family calendar. Somewhere that everyone could see so that we all were on the same page of what and where everyone was supposed to be on each day. As you may know I don't have the best memory and often times forgot important things like piano lessons for example. Abby is VERY good at knowing and remembering when we all need to be somewhere she just needed a spot to go and look at our schedules. So in the garage I turned this old white board into a calendar with some black pin striping tape. Every color represents a different person in the family so that we can know where everyone needs to be. It is so cute Abby and Elizabeth wake up every morning and go look at the calendar with Josh while he is on his way out to work. They erase the day before and look and report to me what we have to do today!
Sometimes they add their own things too. This is Abby who added Halloween. Now we told her she spelled it wrong and we tried to tell her how to spell it but she said, (And in a tone only Abby could pull off) "Mom, no, my teacher told me that all I have to do is try my best and I tried my best so that is just fine!!!" She has taken that statement from her teacher to heart!!!
Abby had her parent teacher conference last night and her teacher couldn't say anything but wonderful things about this kid. She is ahead in all her subjects and gets along with everyone and keeps them all on task, kinda like she does at home for us all.  I love this kid and am so proud of her!!! Elizabeth's parent teacher conference is on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment