Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Craftroom Update...

Josh is down in Vegas right now and just texted me that there is a request for an update on my craftroom from my wonderful mother-in-law! Wow I guess she really is reading my blog! You know Trudy I do this all for you!  
I'm not done yet with my craftroom but these are all the things I have gotten done. I went really fast at first getting lots of things done but I have slowed down a bit since. The first thing after cleaning the room out and getting all the spiders to vacate the area, Josh built me this to go on the wall behind the door for all of my stamps. Don't I have the best husband. I see things on pinterest and he builds them! I painted it though, he's not big into the painting. I love it...this way I have all my stamps out in a place that I can see everything I have.
My mom has gotten a bit involved and she found this so very cute piece of furniture at a store and got it for me to put in the room to hold all of my supplies! I painted the wall behind it so that it would pop! It was really fun to pick out bright colors for this room. I'm not usually a bright painter but since this was a craftroom I went for it. My sister Cory has already told me that the color looked like a old skating rink...but I love it and I guess that is all that matters!
The big chest that my mom got is distressed so I decided to paint the cupboards that were already in there and distress them myself. I was a little nervous how they would turn out, but they came out great I even found the matching color to the chest so it looks like they have all been done at the same time. This picture is of the cupboards that hold books.
This is what they look like with the doors open. They now hold all of my scrapbooking and card making books.
 I also distressed the cupboards under the sink and changed out the knobs on all of them too.
One the wall next to the sink I have hung up my bars to hold my punches. This way they are all out were I can get to them.
 This is the filing cabinet that I...wait no Josh did paint this for me, he must love me he hates to paint...and I got vinyl squares to dress up the drawers. And yes I saw this on pinterest too.
 I'm not done labeling all the drawers just yet but I did get the top drawer done...it says Yarn!
 Once again my mom came through and got a new light for over the sink. Isn't it so cute. It's a bunch of jars hanging down! We thought it looked crafty!
 These are the silhouettes of the girls from Disneyland from when they were just babies. I thought it was appropriate to put next to the head that Josh is sculpting of his grandfather. Yes I did let Josh to have ONE of his projects in my room! I figured since he has pretty much built everything for me...
 We are getting a shutter for the window next week...that is another one of my mom's additions. I do have to say she puts in some good additions.
So there is my craftroom so far. I am still hanging things on the walls and putting things away. Josh is also building me an island for a bigger work space. Have I mentioned that I have the best husband....I will show more projects as I finish them, until then happy crafting!

1 comment: