Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kids Really Are Just The Funniest People!

Today I was in the car with the girls and we had just come out of Petco to get more fish food for Elizabeth's fish. Abby was begging for a fish of her own in the store and I asked her if she had any money she said, "yes, 1 dollar!" I decided to go through all the things she would have to buy to own a fish, bowl, little rocks at bottom of bowl, little house or what ever she wanted in bowl, fish, and food. We landed roughly on the amount of 25 dollars. She was counting her best with her little fingers figuring how much more she needed to get herself a fish!
So back to the car, the girls were in the back discussing how Abby was going to get her hands on $25! And I use the word discussing because that is what was going on they were in a DEEP discussion!!! It went something like this...
Elizabeth: "You know you just have to be a better saver"
Abby: "I'm a great saver I have a dollar"
Elizabeth: "Let me help you out a little Abby, I have done this before. You have a couple of options."
Abby: "Really, what?"
Elizabeth: "You can wait until Christmas, and maybe Santa will give you one."
Abby: "Will Santa spend that much on me?"
Elizabeth: "I don't know Santa is kind of cheap...oh wait I'm thinking of the tooth-fairy, yeah Santa will spend like $29!"
Abby: "Wow $29!
Elizabeth: "Yep!...Or you can ask mom to do extra chores...like maybe, I don't know if she will go for this but maybe you could rub her feet, I know Auntie Cory will give you money for that! You will have to ask her. (And Yes I was right there in the front seat driving, I don't think they think I can hear)"
Abby: "I'm scared"
Elizabeth: "I can't do everything for you...Maybe you can do extra chores for Nana and she can pay you...like rub her feet she likes that."
Abby: "Yeah"
Elizabeth: "She will pay you like $5 a day maybe"
ME: Not wanted them to go to my mom asking for $5..."Um...I don't think so"
Elizabeth: "Yeah maybe like $2 or $1...but you should ask Nana"
Abby: "Well maybe we can save together"
Elizabeth: "What are you thinking I'm going to just give you my money....you have to save your own!"
Abby: "I wasn't thinking that...I wish that I could just have a fish magically"
Elizabeth: "Yeah that would be awesome....you know you will have to remember to feed it and clean it's bowl."
Abby: "I will feed it everyday before I even eat!"
Elizabeth: "I've heard that before...I said that same thing, didn't I mom?"
ME: "Yes you did"
Abby: "Who's going to clean the bowl I'm too little?"
Elizabeth: "Well...I don't think dad is going to appreciate cleaning TWO bowls...I don't know maybe...well maybe you could ask mom...but I just don't think she will do it" (little do they know I have been the one to clean out the fish bowl!!!)
Abby: "Well maybe you could clean out your fish bowl and dad can clean out mine!"
Elizabeth: "I would need parental supervision (and yes she said that I don't know where she learned that one) to clean out the bowl....maybe...just maybe dad can teach me, but I don't know"
Abby: "Man....It takes a lot to get a fish!"
Elizabeth: "Yes but I did it and so can you"
Abby: "Maybe I will wait until I'm 8 and get one then....then I will have the money"
Elizabeth: "You can have the money in a couple of months by Christmas!"
Abby: "Oh I just really want a fish!!!"

This was the whole ride home from the store...I just tried so hard not to bust out loud laughing! I think they think I can't hear them! This might not sound funny written out but believe me the way those two girls say the things they say....so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment