Friday, June 14, 2013

See How Our Garden Has Grown!

I am amazed how our garden is growing! I have learned a few things....such as when planting seeds I do not have the patience needed to NOT pick the weeds around where I planted seeds therefore picking the plants by mistake! Josh gets mad at me when I am weeding and I don't know if it is a plant from a seed that I planted or a weed. He tells me to wait and see but I don't like the weeds in my garden and can't resist picking! So most of my seed plants that I planted will not be showing up this year! Ooopps! I think I am better off sticking with starter plants that I already know are plants to keep! Also with seeds I made the mistake of just dumping a bunch of seeds in one hole instead of spreading them around...yes I know that this is a stupid mistake, but at the time when I was planting I was tired and hurting and wanted it over with! Oooopps again! But I have to say the plants that were planted not by seed are doing GREAT! We have already gotten 6 Strawberries! My mom thinks that this is a lot of work for just 6 strawberries, but the girls really like to pick and eat them so I think that it's fun!
All I have to say is thank heaven's for automatic watering systems...without them I don't think this garden would be doing as well as it is!

2 comments:

  1. I was impressed with your garden. The peas we ate were delicious. It won't keep you from starving but it is fun to see how things grow. Freshly picked veggies are so much better even if it is just a few. This is a year of trial and error. Next year will be even better. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks awesome! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete