Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Few More Conversations With My Girls

Elizabeth has been going to school now for 5 whole days and she rides the bus every day! Abigail and I walk her to the bus stop each morning to wait for the bus to come. I think is was by the second or third day that Elizabeth said, "I can walk to the bus stop by myself mom."
ME: "You don't want me to walk you to the bus stop?"
Elizabeth: After a small pause, "Mom if it makes you feel better you can walk me to the bus stop!"
My sweet girl didn't want to hurt my feelings!

The girls were sitting on the trampoline at my parents house with my mom talking. Abigail jumps up and announces that she has to go to the bathroom and tells them, "Pause, everyone pause." I guess she didn't want to miss anything.


Abigail: "Mom, I'm going to run away to Nana's house."
ME: "Really."
Abigail: With an giggle, "Ha...Ha...I funny, aren't I Mom."
I don't know where she gets her jokes from.

3 comments:

  1. It is so awesome that you are writing all these things down. They are priceless. Do you feel better when you walk Elizabeth to the bus? I don't blame Abby. She could miss some juicy news if you don't pause those conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love hearing what crazy things kids come up with....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear abby saying 'I funny, arent I mom'.

    I can't believe how big Elizabeth is getting. She can walk herself to the bus stop...crazy!

    ReplyDelete