Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Like Riding A Bike!

Last week end the training wheels came off and Josh decided (with a little encouragement from ME) to teach Elizabeth how to ride a bike. She did pretty good. She kept stopping and hitting herself in the head, after a while Josh asked her why she was hitting herself in the head. Elizabeth's respond, "I need to get the stuff out of my head so that I can concentrate!" And then she would give herself little pep talks and you could hear her down the way saying, "Concentrate, just concentrate!" After a while Abigail, who was riding her bike with the training wheels on, decided she needed to show her sister how to ride a bike. She asked Josh to take her training wheels off and told her sister to just watch her, that she would be able to do it just fine. Fifteen minutes later....the training wheels were back on! After that Abigail's advice to her sister on how to ride a bike was lets just say less enthusiastic. By the end of the lesson Elizabeth was riding a two wheel bike pretty good at least when she went in a straight line, now we need to work on turning and maybe stopping!



3 comments:

  1. This is a great success story! What a big accomplishment. Now I know what I need to do to do something hard - just knock out the old and concentrate on the new! I think I've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute. question; where's their helmets? I'm calling you in to CPA! JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speed & Balance!
    What exactly was the other stuff in her head that was preventing her from concentrating? That's my question!

    ReplyDelete