Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree!

Once upon a time there was a little girl (aka: me) who had a talk in primary. When the time came to go up and give her talk her mom was right there with her to help her out. Up in front of all those people the little girl was afraid and no longer wanted to be there, so she hide her head in her mom and told her mom to give it. Her mom reluctantly gave the talk for the little girl and and the little girl just stood there. After the talk the mom said sarcastically, good job on that talk and the little girl smiled big and said thank you!

Today was the primary program in our ward and Elizabeth had a part that she needed to say in it. We rehearsed and rehearsed the line. She new what to say and that she needed to say it loud and clear. We went to the practices and she would go up and say her line. Today however...was not the story. It came time for her turn and she buried her head in her teachers body indicating that she was not going to speak. Her teacher delivered her line for her. After the program I went up to Elizabeth and told her good job on the program, she smiled wide and said, "Thank you mom!"

2 comments:

  1. I love this - what a great way to handle it. It was great talking to you tonight. Thanks for the latest news about your family. It's just what I needed when I got home - it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you too huh?! I did the SAME thing to my Mom SEVERAL times growing up, and still refuse to speak in public... maybe we were connected in our family tree before we knew it? wow, we just had a moment...

    poor ET, I don't blame the girl.

    ReplyDelete