Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Trip to Temple Square

This passed Monday being Labor Day there was no school or work so we thought and thought what we would do. I was voting for shopping at Park City, but my sister Cory came up with a better idea. She called us early that morning and said that her and her family were going to go up to Salt Lake City and walk around Temple Square. I haven't walked around Temple Square in I don't know how long and I've never been in the new conference center. So we packed the girls up with a change of clothes just in case and drove up to Salt Lake. We walked to the Conference Center first. The kids loved the fountains outside. What can I say kids and water! We decided to go in and get a tour of the building. The kids did pretty good. We only had to threaten their little lives a few times. I think that they liked it. I loved it, that is a beautiful building. I think that we were taken on the shortened tour because of all the kids but...it was still nice to see. We did get to go up on the roof to the roof garden and that was very pretty. There was some great views up there. Cory and I were posing the kids every chance we could for a photo op! The poor kids were having to say cheese every time they turned around.

After the conference center we walked down a few blocks and go something to eat. We forgot any sort of stroller, so there was a lot of whinning!!! Abby ended up getting blisters on her feet and had to be carried, and we hadn't even gotten to the temple grounds yet! Once we ate we went back over to temple square and went into the visitors center. We went up to where the large statue of Jesus is and sat and looked at it. I was sitting with Elizabeth and when the voice of Jesus started talking her eyes got real big and she looked at me and asked, "Mom can you hear that?" I said, "yes, its Jesus talking lets listen." Elizabeth sat there completely still and listened with the biggest eyes. During one part when Jesus tells us to Love One Another, Elizabeth said, "Did you hear that Jesus just told us to love everyone I knew that already." After Jesus was done with his speech. Elizabeth asked me if that was really Jesus because she was so excited to be able to hear Jesus speak. I told her that it was Jesus talking to her and we needed to listen to him. She now feels that that was the best part of the day. And tells everyone that she has heard Jesus talk to her! That I think was the best part of the whole day.

After the visitor center we walked around the temple and Abigail thought that it looked more like a castle! She loved it! All and all it was a pretty good day hanging out with the fam.! Here are some more pictures of our day...

3 comments:

  1. Great way to spend Labor Day... and cute photo opsssss!!!! Love the one with all of them and the temple behind. Looks like you photo shoped them in on a post card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I didn't have work either.
    What a fun day you had together! It sounds like it will be very memorable for the kids. Great pictures of some mighty cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, my computer just has the hardest time letting me comment on your posts. It takes me forever. Anyways, Great pictures I am glad you had a nice labor day.

    ReplyDelete