Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Queenie" Is 8!

My baby is now 8! I can't believe how fast it all really goes. In our little family we only offer friend birthday parties on special birthday's. That is on your 8th, 12th, 16th...you get the idea. This started back on Elizabeth's 1st birthday when I went a little over board and had a BIG party and Josh got mad at me and put this law into place! As the years have passed I have come to be less excited about putting on friend parties.  Maybe because I live in friend party central and feel a bit intimidated by what I would have to put together. I'm telling you some of these parties are intense that my girls are invited to! Now to really get out of putting together a friend birthday party I offer my girls a deal....they can walk away with a $100 or have a friend party. With the $100 deal they still get cake and ice cream with family...which in my mind is a pretty good deal. So far they both have now taken the $100 deal. Abby for a while was seriously considering having the friend party but she came around. So since Abby's birthday was on Monday we had the whole family over on Sunday for cake and ice cream so that on Monday we could go out to eat to where ever Abby wanted to eat at! So she got 2 days ALL about her and she was LOVING it! She really earned her nickname (Queenie) this week!
On Monday morning Abby had Josh come wake me up to make her breakfast! Even though my mom offered to make it for her she insisted that "MOM makes the breakfast on our birthday's!!!" WOW... I was not getting out of anything with this girl. So I dragged myself out of bed to make french toast for the little Queen. Josh took her out to lunch that day for his little tradition, and we went out to eat that night. It was so wonderful to have Mark and Trudy come up for dinner on Monday night. Abby LOVED it!
Happy Birthday Abigail...this is a special birthday you are having this year. I can't wait until you are dressed all in white in a couple of weeks. You are truly a beautiful young lady!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid the birthday tradition started with us. The special birthday years and later the $100. The boys loved getting the dollars. She is a beautiful young lady. Can't wait until her baptism day. We were so happy that we got to see her on her birthday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete