Sunday, April 13, 2014

Moab Day 2

We started the morning off with a yummy breakfast...I think that the only way I got Josh out here was promising him LOTS and LOTS of yummy food. So I tried to plan for the yummiest camp food that I could come up with. Here Josh was being helpful by holding the baby!
We started our hiking day with the Corona Arch. I made everyone stand and pose for picture after picture through out this trip. I probably drove everyone crazy but I wanted to remember this trip and that meant taking LOTS of pictures! I think that this was one of my favorite hikes that we went on. I LOVED the views that we saw.
There were parts of this hike that were pretty steep and the kids did SO good climbing them. The adults did pretty good too...of course they were carrying kids while doing it which makes it more impressive! 
As we got closer to the Arch and got higher up Jace (the Anderson's oldest) started to remember that he was afraid of heights, that is after Heather declared that she was afraid of heights! And he started to panic that he was going to fall! Oh did I mention that we were like 100 feet away from the edge of the cliff! It made us laugh so much because he wasn't afraid one minute and scared the next! He did this a couple of times throughout this trip remembering after the fact that he was afraid of heights only after someone else declares that they are afraid of heights...man the power of suggestion! After we made it up to the Arch we sat for a  while and had some snacks...and yes I packed LOTS of yummy snacks! 
This is the Arch looking at it while laying down under it! It is so amazing to be up close to these awesome landmarks!
We had to cross a railroad to get to the Arch and I made all the kids sit on it. Abby is pretending that she is the train and going to run over all the kids!
After Corona Arch we found some benches across the street to eat some lunch and play some tag! After we were done we were off to our next hike. We decided to do an easy hike and went to see the dead horse...That is Dead Horse Point.
As I was reading the informational signs...(I tried very hard not to read EVERY sign on this trip...It drives Josh crazy) I saw the words Colorado Plateau and made Elizabeth stand there to point at it, because ever since she learned about the Colorado Plateau in school she hasn't been able to stop talking about it. She has shared I think every little detail about it with us! 
It was a fun day after seeing the dead horse we went out to dinner. I know it's sort of cheating to go out to dinner while camping...but I was happy we did. After dinner it was back to camping and off to bed. And thus ends our 2nd day of vacation!

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful scenery. I'm with Josh. There is nothing better than eating when camping, somehow things just taste better. Treats - yes. I would go camping with you too.

    ReplyDelete