Sunday, April 13, 2014

Moab Day 3

Another day and another day of hikes! Today we went to the famous Arches National Park. I have wanted to go here ever since we moved up to Utah. We started off the day with the hike to go see the Landscape Arch. And there is Hannah (amazingly walking) with her new BFF...Josh!
After Landscape Arch we ate lunch then were off to Sand Dune Arch. And this was true to it's name there was LOTS and LOTS of sand! The kids had SO much fun playing in it.
We had sand EVERYWHERE! The kids made sand angles, rolled down the hill, you name it they did it in the sand getting it in there hair and cloths! It was fun that is unless your name is Jake then this was hell!!!

Next we were off the Delicate Arch. And we opted out of hiking all the way up to it with small children. So we went to the view point just so that we could say that we saw the Arch. Abby got a bloody nose while we were there so that is why she has her hands over her face in all the pictures while here she is trying to get it to stop...poor thing it was so dry down in Moab that she kept getting bloody noses....but it didn't stop me from taking pictures of this moment!
Next it was off to the Double Arch. This was the girls favorite and I think one of mine as well. It was a very easy walk up to it and you could climb all the way up in it, which made it more fun.
We were done with hikes for the day and stopped off at the visitors center, where I made Josh take some pictures. I love this guy so much that he will pose for what ever crazy picture I come up with!
We got back to our camp that evening to make dinner and make smores.  Everything was going great until little Hannah fell into a cactus! Poor thing was screaming and in so much pain and when it came down to it she wanted Josh to hold her! And he did! He held her until she fell asleep. It was a busy busy day full of a LOT, but most of it was good memories...I mean can you believe I got Josh on that goat?!

1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of hiking! I'm impressed that any of you can still walk. I think the sand would drive me crazy. It is kind of like glitter - everywhere. I do like the goat picture but somehow it should have been on top - Josh is so much bigger. (too funny)

    ReplyDelete