Monday, March 3, 2014

Finally...Double Digits!

Elizabeth has been SO excited about her birthday. Every day for weeks she would say, "Guess how many days now?" And you may think wow that would get old....you would be right! And then the day before her birthday she kept saying, "Today I'm 9 and tomorrow I will be 10!" And don't get me started on how excited she is to be in the DOUBLE DIGITS! She is getting so big and it is going by so fast!
The night before Josh and I set up this little surprise for her to welcome in her birthday! She LOVED it and was very surprised! And so our day started... 
I gave her the option of what to have for her birthday breakfast....I figure I can drag myself out of bed in the morning 3 times a year to make my family breakfast on their birthday's! She picked french toast and she was happy she LOVES french toast!
It was donuts/reading day for the fourth graders at school so I went down to the school and read with Elizabeth and her friend. Which was lots of fun!
Then for lunch Josh, Trudy, Mark and I took Elizabeth out of school and out to lunch.  Josh gave her the option of going ANYWHERE she wanted for her birthday lunch and wouldn't you know it the kid wanted Wendy's! Josh tried and tried to influence her pick something else but that's what she wanted so to Wendy's it was!
After lunch Trudy and I took Elizabeth back to school and brought in a treat for her class. Elizabeth's class has a few food allergies and so Elizabeth didn't want to take in a food treat. The day before we went to the party store and found some little toys to bring in and took those in. They were sound makers and their teacher let them make all the noise with them that they wanted for a given amount of time then they were not allowed to touch them for the rest of the day! Elizabeth tells me that only one kid lost his!
That night she wanted for her birthday dinner a home cooked meal of orange chicken and rice and after we had the family over to have ice cream cake and of course gifts. Elizabeth was waiting ALL day for this! 
It was so nice to have Mark and Trudy up here to celebrate with us. I think that Elizabeth was happy with all she got and it ended up being a good day! Of course it's always a good day when you are turning a DOUBLE DIGIT! Happy Birthday to my sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth has the most beautiful eyes!! Happy Birthday pretty girl! Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved being there for Elizabeth's birthday celebration. She was very excited. So much so that she hadn't slept well the night before and got up too early. Birthdays are so much fun when you are young. Happy birthday to a girl who is growing up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete