Monday, February 24, 2014

I've Fallen And I CAN'T Get UP!

Saturday started out great. I got up early to go pick up our bountiful basket. I was very excited to see what we were going to get this week. We haven't done bountiful baskets in a LONG while so this was fun to start up again. Here is a picture of ALL the yummy goodness that we got in our basket...
Everything was going good, we had a very busy Saturday to get ready for and as I dropped off the basket in the kitchen, it all went down hill! Something in my back got pinched or went out or something because I found myself leaning over the counter not being able to move without major pain. My first thought was, "You have got to be kidding! Now how am I going to get my walking in today?"  I yelled for Josh, then had to text him HELP...KITCHEN! He came and I managed with a lot of pain I might add to move from leaning over the counter  to laying on the floor and there I was stuck. No one could touch me or move me! You really see that your kitchen floor needs to be cleaned more often when you spend some time laying on it! Josh and the girls kept laughing at me...because really it was sort of funny, but my mom, oh my mom didn't like that and started to get mad! And I think the more she got mad at them the more Josh thought it was funny!
The next challenge was to figure out how to get me to our bedroom. Josh got a blanket and he somehow rolled me onto it and then proceeded to dragged me to our room, where I stayed on the floor in our room for a couple of hours. With the help of Josh I did finally mange to get myself up into bed, where I stayed for the rest of the day! Sometimes I wonder if my life is just this big cosmic joke going on around me and I'm not catching on to the funny part of the joke!  It does seem sometimes that as soon as I start to crawl my way up out of this big giant hole that I call my body, life laughs at me then doesn't just push me down it KICKS me back down! I guess if you don't laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole thing all you would want to do is cry!
So on that note...Josh that morning when all of this was happening got on KSL and found me a new gift....
He said, "in this gene pool it was a sound investment!" You know the man isn't always appropriate but I do appreciate him. He helped me so much today. I was supposed to go help at a funeral luncheon and him and Abby went and took care of the whole thing for me. Then he came home and took care of me! He might laugh at me when I'm down but he is always there to pick me up!

1 comment:

  1. Man - that stinks. I do like your new gift though. (Josh just didn't want us to have something that you didn't. haha) You never know when it might come in handy. Hope you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete