Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day Off Of School

Monday the girls didn't have school so I came up with this brilliant plan to go on a bike ride with them. We decided to try to bike all the way to Josh's work around lunch time so that he could take us to lunch. The girls were beyond excited to bike all that way and I was a little worried that I was biting off more then I could chew, but I was willing to try. This is at the beginning of our trip...
...And 5.20 miles and an hour later we made it to the office!  We only had to stop twice for water breaks and once to figure out which way to go to get to the office. We tried to stay on trails for most of the ride and only once had to cut across a park lawn and through a fence to get to the office. The girls did so good. They are extremely cautious kids! Every two seconds Elizabeth, who was in the lead would call out, "Can you see me mom?" And yes I could, because she would not travel more then a few feet away from me. Then Abby didn't like me to be behind her she had to be able to see me, because it made her nervous that she was out there alone with sister! And she didn't want me to be in front of her because she thought I would leave her!! We only crossed one major road which was 1600 right by our house and you would of thought we were crossing the freeway, of how nervous these girls were. Thank heavens we didn't have to cross State Street, we went under it on the trail! But we made it and yes Josh took us to lunch, which made the whole thing worth it!
He loaded our bikes in the back of his truck and after lunch he dropped us off in PG at the trail that would take us directly home. That ride was 3.72 miles and took us 40 minutes to get home. We stopped once for water then found out that ALL of us had to go the bathroom. We raced the rest of the way home...
For the rest of the day we rested! I was pretty tired but surprisingly did well. The girls are already planning our next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am impressed! That is a long way. I was sure Josh would drive you all the way home. I think that direction is almost all uphill. It makes me tired to think about it. Way to go girls!! I love the baskets on all your bikes.

    ReplyDelete