Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Our Day Of Green!

I had grand plans for St. Patrick's Day.  The girls made a leprechaun house to hopefully trap the leprechaun that comes to the house. My plan was the night before the leave a trail of skittles to the house fill it with gold coins and leave green shirts for them. Yep it was a good plan only one thing I forgot was....to do it before I fell asleep. Like the toothfairy in our house apparently that dang leprechaun gets sleepy early too! So the girls woke up sad in the morning!! So I had to just give them the shirts to wear to school and tell them maybe he will come in the daytime...I'm really getting less creative with my stories now that Elizabeth is suppose to know that it is all not real.  However she is claiming and holding strong that she still believes and that these magical creatures better start getting their acts together and remember her!!! WOW...is all I can say to her. So the leprechaun was supposed to get there before school got out....but once again I forgot while I was waiting at the school to pick up the girls I suddenly remembered. Luckily I have a husband that knows and LOVES me. I was on the phone with him and he just happened to be coming home from work for lunch and told me to run home and do it and he would pick up the girls. (we had to do it this way because wouldn't you know it the gold coins were in MY car) You would think after ten years of being a mom I would start remember these things....but nope not yet! So I ran home, skipped the whole skittles thing and filled the house with gold coins (Oh they were chocolate gold coins by the way) The girls came home and were happy...so I guess our day of green turned out pretty good after all!

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. Hey. There is always another year. What's that saying the best laid plans... That's my problem also. I have some ideas but no follow through. So sad on my part. What cutie pies!! At least they didn't get pinched.

    ReplyDelete