Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Trudy...Just Look At What You Started!

When Mark and Trudy were up here a little bit ago Trudy came over one of the days and spent a few hours and taught me how to do Genealogy.  Now when she had told me that this is what we were going to do together my first thought was "REALLY...don't you want to go to a movie or do something else?" I have NEVER really cared to do ANY genealogy and I'm not really sure why I even said yes to letting her show me. And to be honest I didn't really think it would amount to much! But I decided to be a good sport and started to think it might be fun. Well...I'm addicted. I LOVE puzzles anyway so really this was a perfect match for me. I am now on Ancestry.com and Familysearch.com putting together the puzzle that is my family! I have gone through my parents files and have taken over and have gotten organized...because really the first step to any puzzle is organization! Josh even printed out this big chart for me to write on because I was getting frustrated clicking from screen to screen trying to remember these people's names...I'm a visual person! I think that my favorite part of this is getting to go to the temple to do my own families work! I found in one of my dad's files a WHOLE BUNCH of temple slips that need to get done. No offense dad but what where you waiting for? And I have been finding and collecting even more names that are just waiting for their work to be done! I'm so excited to find different stories and histories of these people that came before me.
Josh has put a cap on my genealogy  work time. I can get a little tunnel vision and get consumed with my projects...so I get to work on genealogy for an hour a day and longer on Saturday and Sunday! This way I will not get burnt out and I can't remember to feed my family!  And as long as Josh gets fed everything is good! So thank you Trudy for showing me how to get started on the best puzzle ever!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited! You really made my day. I have, at last, found someone who shares my passion. I didn't realize that you weren't that excited at first. I'm so glad you gave in and let me share my love of genealogy with you. You were very gracious and so receptive that I had to laugh reading this post. We do love puzzles and I can't wait to hear more of your successes! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete