Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Best Mother's Day Gift Of All

Joshua Mark Tippetts was born on a Mother's Day, and his wonderful mom always says that he was the best Mother's Day gift of all! Today on Mother's Day I got to share the day with my best friend. Now I know Josh is going to be rolling his eyes at this post, because he thinks that I hate to share MY day with him. And I have to say in the past I have not been the most...lets just say gracious person when it has come to Josh's birthday landing on Mother's Day, but today was honestly I think my favorite Mother's day so far. Just look at how I'm finally maturing! We started the day, in my mind, very early. The girls came running down stairs at about a minute after 7am to sing Happy Birthday to Josh and to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. They brought me a GIANT card, and when I say giant I mean it I think its as big as Abby, and jumped all over Josh to see if he wanted breakfast yet. I made him heart shaped pancakes and the girls made him put on the birthday crown. This is what happens when you have only girls! Just look how happy Josh is to be wearing that crown!
So I had asked Josh what kind of cake he would like for his birthday, expecting him to say fun-fetti, which is easy right out of a box, but he wanted his mom's strawberry cake. Now I haven't had too much luck in the past duplicating Trudy's recipes...I think mainly because she seems to give me a slightly different recipe then what she uses...but for Josh I was willing to give it another try. Well, lets just say it once again didn't turn out! And Josh was able to tell me that it just wasn't as good as his mom's, which I am slightly convinced is Trudy's plan! Oh well at least I tried right? This is my cake. It tasted alright which Trudy assured me is all that really matters, I love my mother-in-law!

   On Monday at work Josh had a pirate themed birthday party. Elizabeth was at school so missed the party but Abby was sure to rub it in that she got to go!

Happy Birthday to my very Best Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment