Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Reading Pool Side

A couple of weeks ago the girls and I went to Costco and after we got home they told Josh that "Mom is in a GREAT mood!" Josh asked why and they went on the explain that we all went to Costco and I bought them each a book, then bought them muffins, and even asked them if they needed any snack food for home...I was being SO generous that I must be in a GREAT mood! WOW... I must be the worst mom if a book and some muffins make me into the GREATEST mom...but I will take it!
So Elizabeth has been LOVING her new book and been reading it everywhere. I love that this girl finally loves to read. It has taken me years to help her develop this love. And let me tell you they weren't easy years...lots and lots of yelling and crying (and that's all from Elizabeth!) But now she can't get enough of books. This is her biggest one yet almost 500 pages!
We went swimming the other day and when she was done with the pool she sat pool side and got her book out to read with her drink and chips by her side! I found this so grown up...I can't believe my little girl is growing up SO fast!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is the way I like to use a pool. The perfect setting, treats, and a good book. WOW. It's amazing what kids get in their heads and what makes a good mood. But I'm with you I'll take anything I can get. :0)

    ReplyDelete