Monday, May 12, 2014

Baptism Day

My baby girl has now been baptized!  I know that this is a cliche but it really does seem like yesterday I brought her home from the hospital, bundled up in her blankets with those curls poking out the top. It has gone by so fast!
It was an early morning to get to the church by 8:30 am. We decided to have a joint baptism with Emilee and decided to do it in their ward. Being our old ward we felt perfectly comfortable there and Abby thought it was a good idea to get baptized with her cousin. Well when we got to the church the font was dry. Yes they forgot to fill it. Thankfully our Primary President was there and told us that we could go over to our building, which was just up the street, and thy would squeeze us into a room and get the girls baptized there. That sounded good to me so we packed EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY up and headed to our building. They literally squeezed us into a smallish room and we had our program and the girls got baptized. Even with all the running around...I loved it! It was perfect. I cried, well I do seem to cry at ALL baptisms but this one was special. We were surrounded by family and friends and it couldn't of gotten better then that. 
I am so proud of my little girl for making this decision in her life. She is growing into a kind and beautiful young lady.

1 comment:

  1. It was a very memorable day with two beautiful little girls. It was 54 years ago that weekend that Grandpa Mark got baptized. Kind of neat. The luncheon was great also. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete