Monday, May 26, 2014

Our Full Memorial Day

The day started out early this morning with Josh's gun and safety class! It all started on Saturday when him and I were at Walmart and we passed the gun aisle. He thought it would be the best idea to get the girls a BB gun. I told him he could but he would HAVE to sit down with the girls and teach them how to safely use it! He agreed and we got the gun. Cory and Adam were over that night and Adam thought that this was the best idea and asked if he and his kids could come to Josh's class. So come this morning Josh set up a firing range and they were off. The kids ALL loved it and had fun...well most of the kids I don't know how well Deacon liked it. I heard that he only shot the gun a couple of times and then was done, but for the rest of them it was a hit. Now Josh thinks that we need to get another BB gun so that each of the girls can have their own! I don't mind as long as they use it with Josh and ONLY Josh, because someone could shoot their eye out!
By the end they were hitting the targets and were so excited by this fact. After Gun and Safety we took it easy and I recruited the girls and Josh to help me roll hundred's of pennys. My Uncle died a few weeks ago and I ended up with his very large penny collection. So I've been rolling pennys for a few days now and have only made a small dent in this new project. The girls thought it was fun for the first hour then got a little less excited after hour two! I let them all stop after that mainly because we had to go meet the Big Anderson's for dinner then a hike. I am now rethinking the idea to eat such a heavy dinner before going on a hike, but we made it up to the waterfall and maybe worked off some of that cookie dessert that we all ate!
I'm happy that the Big Anderson's don't mind that I make them stop about every few feet to take a picture. I think after Moab they are used to this! And since they keep agreeing to go on hikes with us I take that as they enjoy the picture taking! I'm exhausted but the day was full of fun family memories so that makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment