Monday, May 26, 2014

Bikes + Running = TIRED!

Every so often I get it in my mind that I can do ANYTHING! My friends wanted to ride our bikes to the school from my old neighborhood and watch the kids in their mini-marathon. I of course thought this to be a brilliant idea and added that we should run with the kids on their run! Wow...was it ever hard. And I would sure pay for it that night, but during the ride and run it was fun!

I just love that I get to see McKailee and Emilee when ever I come to the school. And I really love that they will run up to me and give me a hug! The first run was with the 4 through 6th graders. This is the first year I have had to go to both runs to see my kids. I can't believe they are growing up so fast. I decided to run with Abby during her run, thinking that I could totally keep up with the little kids. I forgot that those little kids have ALL the energy and can run forever! Every time Abby said that she had to walk for a bit, inside I was so happy! But we finished strong and ran the last bit.
For the rest of the day the kids had their field day full of games and outside activities. What a fun time of year it seems that everyday now they have some fun activity until the end of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment