Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Like Riding A Bike

At the beginning of the summer we made a list of activities as a family of things that we wanted to do this summer. I knew if we didn't write it down that it would never happen...sad but true! Once we wrote down everything we wanted to do we each got to pick one big activity that we would do. Then we picked a few smaller activities that we would throw in there also. Now ask me how many of those things did we actually do....Yea not a whole lot, but feeling like that awful parent Josh and I decided that we wanted to do something for Labor Day. We pulled out our list and saw that hike was on it and decided to go on a hike. Now Josh and I aren't what you would call avid hikers by any means but we do have some friends of ours that we have named them our outdoor friends...The Little Andersen's went with us on our last hike, and I made it all the way. So we feel they must know everything about it and would know where we should go. We asked them to go along with us, but they had other ideas and suggested we go on a bike ride up the canyon with them....Now if we aren't hikers we defiantly aren't bikers, but they assured us that we would at least be sitting down instead of standing...Made since to me so we were in. Josh and Ryan loaded all the bikes into the bake of Josh's truck and we were off on our adventure. (Now side note I started getting sick (yes surprise surprise) with a head cold on Sunday and was feeling pretty bad by Monday morning, but the girls were so excited to go on this adventure that I didn't have the heart to tell them that I was sick. So I sucked it up and packed my things and Josh packed the lunches and we were off!)

 Kaitlyn and Abby so excited to go up the canyon
 Getting ready to start. I think that it took just as long to get everything ready as it did to ride up there!


 We rode our bike up to a water fall...so many people but so much fun. The water was SO cold!
 At this point I was SO sick and wondering how I was going to make it down the hill back to our car, but once you get up there you kind of got to get back down some how so there was no choice in that matter!





 So we made it up the mountain and back without anyone getting hurt, it was once we got back to the parking lot that our family started to fall apart... Elizabeth fell off her bike and got hurt pretty bad....

 Abby fell off the back of the Truck and hit her nose and blood everywhere....
 And I think I was going to die, but I made it the WHOLE way!!!
After we cleaned everyone of our kids up we ate the lunches that we packed. Even though I wanted to die by that point I think it was a pretty fun family and friend activity! We are so happy that the Little Andersen's take us with them on their outdoor adventures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment