Monday, September 10, 2012

A Night Out With The Carnies

Lindon's school Carnival was tonight and the girls were soooo excited to go. I went and bought advanced tickets last week so that we would have them ready for tonight. I even sprang for the unlimited bounce house wrist bands...Elizabeth told me that I was the coolest mom ever (at least for now until she gets mad at me for making her do something terrible like her homework and then I quickly will fall from that pedestal)!!
We had a very busy Monday that was scheduled to the minute. From 2-3:30pm I had to bring a table and set up one of the booths for the carnival, after that from 3:30-4:30pm I ran Elizabeth over to activity days, then I picked her up and made her run into the house to change for gymnastics that started at 5pm until 6pm. From there I dropped the girls off at Josh's office to change so that he could bring them over to the carnival. I had to be there for my shift at the rocket booth.
When I got there the weather was not looking too good and all I could think of was that the girls better get their before it rains too hard. By the time Josh got there with the girls the thunder got a little too close to the carnival that it scared everyone enough that they shut the carnival down.(did I mention that our carnival is outside!) Josh says I had the biggest smile on my face when the announcement came that the carnival was ending early, at the same time big tear balls started to run down Abby's face. They had not done a single thing!!!!
They told everyone that they would give 2 tickets for every punch that wasn't used so the girls got in line to claim their tickets and prizes. That seemed to help Abby's mood a little. And I was told that we could keep our punch cards and wrist bands and just use them next year at the carnival ( now I just need to remember where I put them and that I have them)!!!!
Because we didn't get our carnie food also we decided to go out to eat. That also somewhat helped the girls moods. While at dinner Abby announces that she doesn't want to do gymnastics next year so that she can go to the carnival early just in case the weather is bad and so she doesn't miss it (That's my girl thinking ahead!)!
So even though we didn't get to have our annual night out with the carnies we look forward to next year because believe me Abby won't let us miss it twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment