Monday, September 17, 2012

I Think She Got Stung By A Bee...

Today I got a message from a friend of mine to call her she wanted to tell me a story about our two girls. She has a daughter the same age as Abigail and they are in the same class at school. I got the message but was in the middle of cooking the meat for dinner (I know shocked expressions, it doesn't happen very often but yes I do know how to cook) so I thought that I would just call her back after I dropped the girls off at gymnastics. Well on the way to gymnastics my friend sends me a text message picture of her daughter who was in a cast!! What! Now I really wanted to know what this story was all about. I asked Abby what she did today and she didn't really have a whole lot to say. So I call my friend back and she tells me that Abby and Tess, her daughter, were playing on the playground at 1st recess, with another little girl. Apparently Abby and the other girls were doing flips off of some bars and Tess wanted to try. Abby encouraged her to try and just told her to go really fast and she would flip....well....she did and she fell and well.....she broke her arm.
So when gymnastics was over I asked Abby, "So what happened at school today?"
She said, "Nothing."
I asked, "Did anything happen to Tess?"
She said "Um.........."
I asked, "Where you doing flips on the bars today?"
She gave a look and said, "Um............NO......" and then she hid behind me for a while.
I told her, "Tess broke her arm after doing a flip did you see her?"
She said, "I think she got stung by a bee!"
"WHAT?"
Abby went on, "Yea I think she got stung by a bee?"
And then it was my turn to say, "Ummmmm......."
After a while I got Abby to admit to being at the scene of the accident, but not to admit to seeing anything happen and certainly not to admit to telling Tess to go for it!!! Even after telling her that we weren't mad at her or that she wasn't in any trouble Abby still is not liking to be associated with anything to do with breaking anyone's arm....So of course Josh calls her bruiser now, just in case she didn't have anything to tell her therapist when she gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment