Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SoCal Family Vacation!

We just got back from a NINE day vacation with the girls! Josh told me I should take my computer to download all the pictures and to just blog about it each night that we get back to the hotel, but did I listen to him....NO! So now I'm stuck with the task of remembering what we did when we did it and all the funny things that the girls said and did, and let me tell you they said and did some funny things. I am going to take this one or two days at a time. Yes I'm dragging this out! Our first day was Saturday January 19th. Josh and the girls dragged me out of bed early and we left for Vegas. I am really not a morning person, but I got up and only had to snap at my family for their insistence that I move faster a couple of times. We made it to Vegas about 3pm and went straight to Josh's parents house. There were cousins there and the girls left us and went straight to them. I don't really remember seeing them again for the rest of the night....The next day we woke up early, yet again, to drive down to Southern California. Here is a picture of the girls and Mark and Trudy before we left that morning. Trudy didn't cry when we left, at least in front of us, because we were coming back through the next week!
Our first stop was the hotel to unload all of our things, then we were off to the beach. When we left California to move up to Utah Elizabeth just turned 4 and Abigail was only 2 so their memories of California are not too vast! I am not sure how much Abigail liked the beach, she is my girl that doesn't like to get too dirty, but Elizabeth fell in LOVE right away. Pretty much as soon as she spotted the first sea shell on the sand! Her mission was clear from that point, to collect ALL the shells on the beach to take home. This kid is such a hoarder, it's a little scary! So being the mean mother that I am I told her she could only take her favorites...then I had to change that because they were ALL her favorites to she could only take a few. So of course she collected a plastic bag full of shells! There was one that was supper special to her and when she saw it she named it. It's name was Clammy! It was a full clam like shell that had both parts so you could close it! Now we told her she would have to be careful if she didn't want it to break before we got home.......
And what do yo think happened? Yes it was broken by the next morning! The tear balls that followed were something else! She cried and cried, and then she would cry for the rest of the trip anytime Josh would mention Clammy! And yes Josh is that mean!!!
Two days down....This was a very LONG trip!

1 comment:

  1. Fun times at the beach. We always love having you visit. And yes, I do try to not cry until after you leave. It is just that sometimes I'm not very successful. Love hearing about all the adventures and seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete