Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve Party

Once again we ended another year with our friends! The Andersen's put on their (now it's going to have to be) annual New Year's Eve Party! I have to say they put on the BEST parties!!! And I stole all of these pictures from Amy's blog so if you read her blog this is just going to be the same...I might even just cut and paste what she already typed...or maybe not! We had LOTS of yummy food to eat and games to play. We started the night with an old fashion boys vs. girls show down of minute to win it games! At which the GIRLS won!!! Yes us girls won after last years defeat. The men took it rather well I think.
Next we showed off our dancing skills. (Side Note: Josh and I took dancing lessons when we lived in California. Josh is so nice I knew he didn't want to but he signed us up because he knew I wanted to learn with him so that we could go dancing at Disneyland on Saturday nights with all the old people. Anyway, we, I think, only took maybe two or three classes before they nicely suggested that we just stop. We never improved and I think were getting worse each class. And so ended our career as dancers! We have no coordination what so ever and never have wondered where our girls get their lack of grace! If I am going to be honest that is.) We played this game that projected our images up on the wall while dancing to Micheal Jackson songs and dance moves. I think the Andersen's have sort of a sick sense of humor in wanting to make complete fools of their friends. I think this is what I LOVE most about them!!!
And then of course Amy has to get out her camera and document EVERYTHING! So here are some of our AWESOME moves...and yes Josh, after a GREAT deal of persuading finally got up to show us his own moves!
After making fools of ourselves and laughing at everyone else also making fools of themselves we made the traditional rockets to launch at midnight! I opted out in making one Josh made one for the both of us. It was SUPER cold outside, but very fun watching the rockets go up also seeing the fireworks that someone else was shooting into the air was just an extra bonus! Next year however I have to remember to dress warmer!!! I think I said the same thing last year.
 Here's hoping we get the invite next year to attend this AWESOME New Year's Eve Party! Thanks Andersen's for the memories (some of which I wish I never saw)!

1 comment:

  1. How fun. Glad you took pictures to share. Yes, it does look cold. I will try to remember to remind you to dress warmer next year. haha

    ReplyDelete