Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back To School Night

Last night was Elizabeth's back to school night at her new school. This was where she could go see the school, her new classroom, and meet her new teacher. Elizabeth has been so excited. All day long I heard, "Is it time yet...can we go now....does my school start today...." Elizabeth, Abigail and I went to check it out. Josh got there later. We saw the school and picked up her packet. Then we went to her classroom to see and meet her new teacher. Elizabeth of course hid behind me but she warmed up after a while. We did a scavenger hunt through her classroom finding all of the cool things her classroom had to offer. She really liked the cubbies! Elizabeth and Abigail played with the classroom toys while we waited for Josh to get there. Then when Josh got there Elizabeth showed him the classroom, including the cubbies! Elizabeth's new teacher just moved from California and Elizabeth thought that that was cool and had to tell her that she too moved from California. Then Abigail, who I think was just as excited about the new school as Elizabeth, had to show Josh the gym and "the place where the kids eat". All and all it was a good night. Elizabeth is now asking when can we go get the school supplies that are on her new list! I do love me some school supply shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I loved going to back to school supply shopping when I was little too! That's good she is so excited about school...lets hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kindergarten.... so much fun!!!! Sadly for both of you that she has to wait another week, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shopping for school supplies as my garage shows. Elizabeth looks so grown up in her picture and ready for Kinder. Glad Josh made it home in time to go also and learn about the classroom and "where the kids eat".

    ReplyDelete