Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Driving Miss Daisy!

On Monday morning Josh and I left to drive to Walla Walla, Washington. Ok I will start off by saying that Josh invited me and asked me to come with him!!! Josh had to drive up there for work and my mom volunteered to watch the girls so I could keep him company! So Monday morning we dropped the girls off at my parents and we were on our way up to Walla Walla. Ten hours, a few stops, with some naps in there- of course by me-, and my constant talking about what was on Josh's mind and how did he feel about this or that, we got to Washington. I know he was already second guessing why he asked for my company, but what could he do really. We stayed in a hole in the wall motel that Josh booked before he knew I was coming with him and he kept insisting we could go find another hotel if I didn't like it-I love this man-. Trying to not be the stereotypical girl I insisted we just stay the one night we were going to be in Washington and that it wasn't that bad. I think I did hold my breath the entire night, in other words it didn't smell very good to me. Josh didn't seem to mind and actually said that it wasn't as bad as some of the motels he's been in. We made it through morning and checked out. I had a new book so I read while he went to the job that he needed to go to. Josh dropped me off at the local Starbucks-there wasn't a lot in this town but they did have a Starbucks- and I read while he worked. We got back on the road by nine that morning to drive back home. Side Note: While we were there in Walla Walla or it might of been the next town over we found a store that I had to take a picture of....This one is for my sister-in-law Lisa...

I just was wondering what sort of Entertainment do the hastings provide?

We did stop by and visit Josh's grandparents in Vale, OR. They were very surprised when we drove up and we visited with them for a few hours. It was really nice to see them. It took us a while to convince grandma that we did have to go but 13 hours later from when we started we finally got home. It was a lot of driving and a lot of lets just call it bonding time, come to think of it Josh did encourage me to take more naps, but it was really fun to spend time with Josh and just hang out with him.

The reason this is called Driving Miss Daisy is that Josh drove the entire time and didn't let me drive once. Our girls have told him that when he is in the car it is the Daddy's job to do the driving and the mommy's job to sit in the passenger seat. So he was just fulfilling his job. And I do have to mention that Josh opened my door every single time I got into the car, did I mention that I love this man!!

3 comments:

  1. Kind of Sappy Care...but that good every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard all about your visit in Oregon. Grandma and Grandpa were very excited that you stopped to see them. It made their week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! and I'll tell you a little more about "hastings entertainment" in private!!! haha! So on your drive did you have any cops stop to check on you? just curious...

    ReplyDelete