Monday, July 13, 2009

They grow up so fast!

Elizabeth is growing up so fast and Abby, who will not be out done by her sister, thinks that she is bigger than her big sister. We have arguments over this subject all the time! We are finally getting to the point that they want to help out around the house and are able to carry out the tasks that I ask them to do. Hip Hip Hurray!! A Little while ago Elizabeth decided that she was big enough to do the dishes all by herself! Abby was right there by her sisters side, of course in a purely supervisory position. Abby is not really the manual labor type girl, aka: a little on the lazy side! But we are working with her.
So Elizabeth got the gloves on and pulled up a chair and got started. I have to say she did a pretty good job! There are a few kinks to work out, like-the amount of water that ends up over the floor and chair, but not too bad!
Now all I need her to learn is the laundry and we are set!!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's very important to let kids have chores and teach them how to work. Learning to take responsibility is another biggie. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, go Elizabeth!! Can I borrow her? I have a hard time with my kids helping sometimes... I blame OCD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't there child labor laws against this type of manual labor? Gee I hope not, because I work my kids good! Chores are just a part of life, and the sooner they understand that, the better. At least now they seem to think of it as some sort of game! Wonder how long that's going to last...

    ReplyDelete