Sunday, July 19, 2009

Steel Days

This weekend was American Fork Steel Days. We have had a lot of fun this summer going to all the surrounding towns summer "Days". On Friday night we went to the carnival. The girls got to each pick a ride that they both would ride. Abby picked the marry-go-round, and Elizabeth picked the dragon roller coaster. They had been talking about these rides for weeks and loved both of them. Then they played on the playground at the park, which was free and they loved just as much. We ate corndogs, nachos, pretzels, funnel cakes, and washed it all down with a slushy! If you know us you know that all activities are scheduled around what and where we are eating. We really like carnival food! Just like the girls had been talking about the rides for weeks, Josh had been talking about the corndogs for weeks. The next morning was the parade. Now we weren't there our usual 30 to 45 minutes early as we have with the other parades and I forgot my camera! I was really tired! But I did have my phone and took pictures with that. We sat with the Gurneys! I love parade going with the Gurneys. Amy let Abby sit on her lap for most of the parade and Val had Elizabeth trained to run out in the street and get all the good candy for her,(which after the parade season is over we will have to re-train our children that running in the street for candy that is sitting on the ground is not a good thing!) and papa Gurney was there to shade the girls, since I forgot to put sunscreen on them and they were getting burned! As I said I was really tired that morning.While waiting for the parade to start Abby of course had to go to the bathroom, but it was perfect. It gave Josh the excuse he needed to go into this hole in the wall Mexican restaurant that was across the street from where we were sitting. He got himself this really good burrito, that I of course ate half of.
The parade was so much fun. We saw the highlight of the American Fork Marching Band!!! (Yes Val that was just for you.) The girls loved seeing all the princesses, but surprising they now love to see the cheerleaders. Later that day while at my mom's house the girls were telling my mom about the cheerleaders, so I encouraged my mom to teach the girls a cheer from her good old days of cheerleading!! And no I don't having any pictures of that I'm sorry! I am sad to say that at least in my line the gift of coordination has stopped at my mother! Later that day we did make it to the car show, but not until the very end. I feel sort of bad that Josh was so excited for the car show and talked about it for a few weeks and we got there just in time to see a few cars before they started leaving! Maybe next year we will plan out our time better so that the car show is the number 1 thing we do! All and All the day was full of events and fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are real parade goers. It really sounds like a lot of fun and think of all the great memories you are making for the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only Josh will go to the bathroom and come back with a burrito :) and GO REBELS!!!

    ReplyDelete