Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Swimming

This week has been filled with water. On Tuesday we went to my sister-in-law Lisa's and went for a dip in their pool. The kids had so much fun! Side Note: I learned that when applying your own sunscreen on your own back it's really best not to do it yourself. I have a nice red line across the middle section of my back where I obviously couldn't reach from the top or the bottom!!! Any way, the kids swam for a long time and were super tired by the time we got home. Just the way it should be!On Wednesday we decided to go to seven peaks. Well, my sister Cory invited me and I invited Lisa, and Lisa invited Nancy(Josh's cousin's wife). We decided to go only half day so that we could get half day prices! So 9 Kids and 4 adults went to seven peaks water park at about 4pm. Even though we were out numbered we had fun. Cory, Nancy and I kind of stayed in the kiddie areas because of the fact that we have younger kids. Lisa was stuck taking the older kids (mainly her two and Nancy's oldest) on the water slides! So we didn't see much of Lisa. Cory and I did take the kids on one big slide. The lines were long and there was a lot of are we there yet, but it was fun. Abby is such a big girl she went on the ride all by herself! She sort of had to because Conrad freaked out and he wouldn't go down by his self and Cory had already gone down with Deacon, so I was stuck up at the top with two kids and only one me! I asked Abby if she would be OK with going down on her own and she was kind of scared but I convinced her that she could do it and she went!! Isabelle and Elizabeth also went down the slide by themselves. After that we went to the wave pool right as the waves stopped so we went back to the kiddie area. The kids seemed to really like it although Elizabeth wanted to go on more big slides, but it was hard to take all the little kids on them, so she was stuck with the kiddie areas, maybe next time Josh can come and she and he can go on the bigger slides! We stayed until about 7pm. The kids did really good up until the time to leave and then they showed their tired sides and started the whining!! But all in all the day was pretty good! Here are some more pictures from that day!








Izzy is always good about posing for the camera!


Syd on the other hand couldn't stay still long enough to get a decent picture, she's cute anyway though!
Chase was humoring me and let me take a picture!
This is Nancy's little girl, she wasn't too fond of taking pictures either.


Deacon was having so much fun playing in the water I got so many pictures of him.
Conrad was another kid that wouldn't stay still long enough to take a picture, but he was having so much fun, so...
Isabelle and Abby at the beginning of the day!














It was a fun day and everyone slept really well that night and isn't that what it's really all about!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It looks like a very successful day with everyone having a great time. What cute kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the invite! I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you guys very much... it was way too packed! next time the guys will come (and maybe just adults??? I'm thinking thats a great date night idea :) ) also thanks for coming and swimming with us! we had a blast!!

    PS I'm glad that chase was humoring you and took a normal pic! and yes, sydnee is a bit of a spazzzz!!!

    ReplyDelete