Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Day 2013

I had all of these elaborate ideas of fun activities to do before Christmas this year....but being sick the whole month kind of wasn't in the plan (I really do need to just always put that in the plan) and Christmas came faster then expected! So Christmas morning I finally dragged myself out of bed and went up stairs to see what Santie had brought! The girls had been awake for hours and some what patiently waiting for all of us to get us stairs. And of course before I would let them open gifts I made them take a picture in front of their tree.
The day before Josh and I took the girls to the store to get each other a gift. Elizabeth is a planner who plans ahead and is just in and out....Abby on the other hand takes FOREVER!  But they earned the money and paid for their gifts themselves. And then came home and wrapped their gifts. On Abby's gift from Elizabeth the tag read..."To Abby From Elizabeth or Siser" I love the relationship that these two girls have with each other.
Santie came for Josh as well as well as the girls who gave him one of the big snickers bars (of course it was bought by my mom, but the girls took credit). Elizabeth also gave Josh $5.00 because she said that is what he asked for!
It was a wonderful Christmas Morning. Josh surprised me with tickets to go see Wicked in July and I in turn surprised him with a new watch, the one that he saw and liked on our cruise! So much for the deal that we weren't going to get each other anything!
That night we had everyone over for a yummy dinner and Cory had put together a Christmas program! This is the first year that we did a Christmas program, I loved it! The kids were so cute in it and my mom as the angel awesome!
 The kids all performed something as well....These kids are getting so big and are so talented!
It was a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful way to spend the day with family!


1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to see the program. How fun! lt looks like Santa was good to you this year. You must have all been good kids. I remember having to wait for my dad to finish milking the cows one year before we could open our presents. He usually set his alarm for an earlier time on Christmas Eve, but forgot and we had to wait forever..

    ReplyDelete