Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The End Of Another Year...

Our somewhat new tradition to end the year and to bring in a new one is to go to the "Little Andersen's" New Years Eve Party! They really know how to throw a party! Josh and I both are not stay out late people (Josh NEVER has been and I am no longer one because of being married to Josh!) and each year we say we can't stay ALL night...but what happens the "Little Andersen's" do their magic and we end up staying ALL night! This year I was sick, (yep I bet everyone is shocked...me being sick) and I wasn't really feeling the party spirit but I couldn't miss this one...so I dragged myself out of bed and actually got dressed! I was going to take my camera with me this year to take pictures...but not feeling good I forgot it and then thought wait...Amy takes pictures EVERY year so I can just wait until she posts about it on her blog and steal her pictures (but is it really stealing when you tell the person that you are going to do it? And anyway I didn't take all of them...because really that was a LOT of pictures!). I did promise to give her credit for her amazing picture taking skills! So here we go through our night of fun...
It started with a little and I mean little game of air hockey! Josh cheats so he will say that he won but we all know who really won!
I don't know how the "Little" Andersen's do it but they can get Josh to dance at least once during the night at this party! Josh NEVER plays along with things but for one night he will participate! I know it's practically a Christmas Miracle! I only did it twice, I was coughing so hard that at one point Amy had to put a cough drop in my mouth while dancing! But watching everyone else do it was SO much fun!
Then we started the real games...Minute to Win it! We always seem to play boys vs. girls and us girls never seem to win, and this year was no different! We did do it  couples against each other which was fun. Here are a few of them...
Josh and I had to pick up different paper bags that were all different sizes with our mouths and the only thing that could touch the ground was our feet...I thought for sure I had this one that Josh wouldn't be able to do even one! He surprised ALL of us and ALMOST beat me...I WON but he got all the way to the last one...way to go Josh, super impressed with your new found flexibility! 
Then the leg wrestling started and Josh won...I think only because Amy was injured and couldn't compete, but that is only one girls opinion!
Then we were off to the cold outside to shoot up our rockets that we made when we first got to the party! And then ended the evening with a toast and a group picture! We had so much fun with everyone and LOVE bringing in the new year with these amazing people!

2 comments:

  1. You have some fun and amazing friends! Looks like a fun party with more fun memories having been made. Hoping 2014 is a better year for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I had been waiting for this post. Wondered if it could top last years.

    ReplyDelete