Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's About Time!

Elizabeth LOVES animals and just about every day asks for some animal to bring home and have. And she doesn't just stop at the normal house hold animals....she has asked for a giraffe, zebra, pretty much everything you find at a zoo! I am NOT an animal lover and feel that it is hard enough to own kids and to throw one more thing I would have to remember to feed isn't for me! But Elizabeth talked us into fish. She saved up her money and paid for EVERYTHING. The first five may have died but this last one has been alive now for a while and I don't know how, the kid NEVER remembers to feed the poor fish. And guess who has had to clean out its bowl....yes me. So the other day I felt that it was time Elizabeth start taking more responsibility for this animal that she claims to LOVE! I made her clean the bowl! She was so excited, I made her do EVERYTHING and just sat and watched her. She didn't like the stinky smell of the old water but she did it and yes this is NOW her job and I just have to say it is about time too!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Elizabeth. Now that she is taking the responsibility for the fish, she is showing that she can be responsible for another animal. (JK) I never did get my boys to clean the fish tank. Way to go, mom!

    ReplyDelete