Friday, July 5, 2013

Projects & Fireworks...Happy 4th of July

I saw on Pinterest these really cute and REALLY easy shirts to make for the girls for the 4th of July. So I made them. They were super easy all I needed was the ribbon and white shirts and I ironed the ribbons on the shirts. I did end up sewing the bows on but that too didn't take too much time!
 Also on Pinterest was this cute star hair do and I just used the extra ribbon from the shirts for hair bows!
Abby for some reason didn't want a star in her hair so I just let it go and let her have her usual do! She was happy!
We, and I use the word "we" very loosely-because me and some of the lazier kids didn't do as much as everyone else, worked in the yard for most of the day. It was so hot out side that Josh started not to feel well, but I sort of guilt him into going to the movies with all of us anyway, I should of just let him stay home and rest- he really doesn't like going to the movies. But I told him I would buy him popcorn and a big drink and he would be with the family. We went to see Despicable Me 2. It was a really funny movie. But by the end Josh was so sick that I rushed him home. He did not make it outside for the fireworks that him and I picked up that morning.  We all said that we would do them another night but he insisted that we don't ruin the 4th for the kids. So the fireworks carried on! If you notice in the pictures Abby is sitting with the rest of us at the beginning but by the end she was so far back that she was practically in the backyard! She is kind of scared of fireworks and doesn't find the same joy in them that the other kids see.
You can see Abby starts to inch her way back....
This one sort of scared us all because at the end it jumped out towards us and Abby was no longer thinking this was fun, that she finally moved ALL the way back!
We ended with some sparklers and I couldn't get Abby to come and hold one! We did buy some extra long ones and she held that one for a while...but I don't think she likes the idea of something sparkling in her hands! Everyone else on the other hand LOVED the idea and couldn't get enough. The kids danced all around the street with sparklers in hand!
The kids had lots of fun and they were SO tired that they went right to bed, even with fireworks going off ALL around the house from other neighbors until very late into the night!

1 comment:

  1. I love the shirts and star in the hair. I am always amazed when I see these fancy hairdos. It's probably a good thing I had boys because I don't have that talent. Too bad Josh was sick and missed all the fireworks. He could have protected AbbyDabby. What got done in the yard - the new fountain?

    ReplyDelete