Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Birthday Weekend!

Josh surprised me with a whole planned weekend get away for my birthday. We took the kids early Saturday morning up to Star Valley. We roamed around Star Valley for a few hours seeing all the old places that Josh remembered hanging out at, lived, went to school or ever entered! It was a lot of fun. The girls even looked up away from their TV's to see a few of the places! We only stayed in Star Valley for a few hours then headed off to Jackson Hole. Josh had made reservations for the Bar J dinner and show. After checking into our hotel we headed off to the show. 
We were there by 5:30pm but dinner wasn't until 7pm so the girls were getting pretty tired of waiting. They had already seen everything and were ready for some grub!
I only saw parts of the show, Abby wasn't feeling well and I kept having to take her out to the bathroom. She was tired and wanted nothing more then to leave. Elizabeth enjoyed the singing and I think she liked the whole thing.
The next morning we walked around Jackson Hole for a while and went in and around all the shops and the town square.
After we were shopped out we headed up to the Alpine Slides. The girls were REALLY excited to go down them. Elizabeth wanted to go FAST and Abby wanted to go SLOW. So I raced with Abs and Elizabeth raced with Josh. 
Both the girls ended up going pretty slow down the hill. And even though Abby was scared she really liked it after it was done, and wanted to go again! After the slides we were off to Idaho. We got into Rexburg, Idaho around lunch time. Since it was Sunday and not too much was open we checked into the hotel and drove around the city. Man how 14 years can change a place. I haven't been back there since I graduated in 1999! I can't believe ALL the changes. It is almost like a different place. The next day we walked all around the campus and bored the girls to death with our need to go into EVERY building that we remember ever taking a class in! It was kind of sad, it wasn't the same school I remember going to! The campus is beautiful though, but it is defiantly NOT the same college that I was dropped off at with tears in my eyes because it was in the middle of NOWHERE!
We bored the girls long enough and headed off to BEAR WORLD.Yes BEAR WORLD! It is just a few miles South of Rexburg. We got to see LOTS of bears, deer, buffalo, a moose, and a few other little animals. Josh was such a good sport to pose for ALL the pictures I wanted!
We got to feed the deer, which got a little friendly with Josh! Elizabeth was in Heaven, she LOVES animals and wanted to take home just about everyone of them! We finished off Bear World with some fun rides!
After Bear World we drove down to Idaho Falls. We drove by the falls with the temple in the background.
The trip was LOTS of fun. Even with the girls bickering for MOST of the trip. And if you know my girls you know that they don't fight that much. They are best friends but for some reason they were driving me crazy with the, "don't touch me", "Mom, she touched me!", "I'm bored" and so on! I was starting to wonder why we invited them in the first place. And then poor Josh was sick the whole trip, even though he tried REALLY hard to hide it from me. It was a quick 3 day trip and even though Josh was sick and the girls were a bit grumpy and I had to take heavy duty pain pills to even move we had a lot of fun! And really isn't that what a family trip is suppose to be like?!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a trip I would like to go on. I have never heard of Bear World. How long has it been there? Glad you had a great time for your birthday. Sorry you weren't all healthy but it was memorable anyway. Love the Bar J Wranglers!!

    ReplyDelete