Monday, April 29, 2013

Going to the "Germ-a-tologist"

Abby has had a red spot by her left eye for about 8 or 9 months, that just hasn't gone away. So I scheduled an appointment with the dermatologist this week to take a look at it and tell me what it was. Abby has been reminding me for about a month now to make an appointment with the doctor, so when I told her she was pretty happy, but she just couldn't seem to get the name dermatologist down and she kept asking when are we going to the "Germ-a-tologist"? She told her teacher that she would be late to school (because we had a morning appointment) because she was going to the "Germ-a-tologist". We all only got to laugh at her a couple of times before she got it down to dermatologist. I just love it when kids get names mixed up and I didn't want to forget this one of Abby's!
Oh and if you are wondering the doctor said that her red spot is...a name I can't remember because I didn't write it down...but that it was not harmful and common in kids that were born early. They can disappear when the child goes through puberty or we could have him take a needle and he pokes it into the skin and drains it. Abby picked the option of waiting to see if it goes away, she wanted nothing to do with needles! So we will wait and see what happens to it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it wasn't anything serious. I am with Abby. I would definitely wait and see if it goes away by itself. Needles are not for me either.

    ReplyDelete