Monday, April 22, 2013

Gardening Cole Style!

I've wanted to grow a garden for a while now. I love the thought of just going outside to pick fresh veggies and fruits. However, I don't really have a great track record on keeping plants alive, so I really haven't pushed the subject. Josh thought a garden would be a great way for me to get outside for an hour each day and would help me and my health (he is always coming up with new ideas for things that would improve my health). We have talked about where to do a garden with my mom since we moved in. Finally this last winter my mom had this raised garden built so that we could start a garden. And when my mom has something built she doesn't do things half way...Isn't it pretty?
We have finally gotten the dirt for it this last Saturday and Josh and I spent a big chunk of the day putting it in each of the beds. (Of course I couldn't walk or move after that for the rest of the day and part of Sunday, apparently even if I feel good I can't do everything!) 
We are now ready to start planting...however, I hear that you shouldn't start planting here until after Mother's Day because lovely Utah can't seem to get spring here and keep it! So we wait now....well Josh does need to finish the drip system and their is a fountain that is going in....yes when my mom does a project she really does a project! So stay tuned to see our pretty garden bloom!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, this looks great. Can't wait to see what you harvest from your garden. I hope you post pictures as it is planted and grows.

    ReplyDelete