Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter started the night before the the Easter Bunny and his helper. The girls set out their baskets with some carrots for the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny did the traditional M&M's trail from their bedroom door to the baskets. He only took it down the hall to the toy room so that my mom didn't find M&M's everywhere throughout the house (I thought that was very smart of him). Then the Easter Bunny put an A for Abby's basket and an E for Elizabeth's basket so that they knew who's was who. Instead of a lot of candy which I knew they would get on the egg hunt later, and the simple fact that my kids never really eat their candy, the Easter Bunny got them cotton candy as their candy treat, also some chocolate covered peeps because lets just face it they might not be that good but you have to have some peeps!  They LOVED it. The Easter Bunny also got them each a new swim suit, and some new summer shoes (some toms) that they loved. I like that our Easter Bunny is practical and gets the girls things that they need for the upcoming season! The Easter Bunny also ordered them each a book in the series that they are each reading but Abby's book didn't come in time it will get here in April. Next time that Bunny should really look at a calendar to really know when the holiday comes! So the Bunny will have to just think of another reason to give them each a book....maybe end of school gift, start of summer reading program.... 
The girls had me put their hair in curlers the night before so that they could have curly hair for Church. You can't really tell in the picture with Elizabeth's curls all up but they were cute, and I love the back of this dress that I had to take a picture of it.
I got Abby a new Easter dress but when it got here (I ordered it from online) it was way too big and fit Elizabeth (so bonus for Elizabeth she ended up with two new dresses, which I was happy because she needed some Church dresses). But thankfully Abby is such a good sport and she really has more dresses then all of us combined. That she said is was ok and she would pick one of her dresses that she already has. She picked this pink dress and I think she picked it because my mom said it was her favorite, because yesterday she had already picked out a purple one! I had put curlers in her hair also and it was so curly that we had to wet it down so that she didn't look like Annie! She later told me that maybe she didn't need to have curler in her hair because she already has curly hair. She is very wise!
The girls are getting so big. I love Easter and Easter dresses. I think Josh is finally getting used to me getting the girls Easter dresses and dragging them outside to take pictures, because this year I didn't even have to say anything like wait we have to take pictures he just told the girls to go outside and let mommy take your picture so that we can go to Church.
At least this year I didn't go over board and get the matching purses, or hats, or gloves! I just went with the simple dress! Oh we did have to take Abby shopping for new shoes yesterday and if you have ever taken Abby shopping for anything you know it is a production!  She had to try on EVERY shoe on in the store. She LOVES shoes and clothes and anything girly. She did find a purse that she told me would look great with her Easter outfit but I didn't get it...Josh should be so proud! And then there is Elizabeth who I have to fight to get her to wear ANYTHING that she may think is uncomfortable! That includes all shoes, unless they are flip flops, clothes, tights...the list goes on and on! Where Abby will squeeze into anything or wear anything if she thinks it is fashionable!
Later that afternoon the whole family came over for an Easter Egg Hunt. And thanks to Bryce and Celeste the egg hunt went from already more eggs then they needed to extreme hunt! They brought with them a BOX of eggs filled with candy and treats. She also brought one egg with a $5 bill in it! We had so many eggs to hide that it  took half the backyard up! And my mom has a pretty BIG backyard. We started to think that this was more eggs then these five kids needed...
So we called up the neighbors and asked if they had any grandchildren over yet that would like to hunt eggs with us. They only sent over two! We had enough eggs to supply a small neighborhood....but at least these two little boys could come and get eggs. We let them go according to age and sent them on their way. They had to climb up the rocks and trees...by the end of hiding the eggs for the kids Uncle Bryce I think was getting tired and started making small mounds of eggs for the kids to find....they loved it. Conrad found the $5 egg, but they all found some money eggs. I am so happy that Conrad found the big money, he was so kind to the two littler boys and when his basket was already filled he would find eggs for the littlest boy! I love to see it when these kids get opportunities to share and they do it!
After the hunt we went inside to see what everyone got. A few of the eggs candy melted in the sun. Yes can you believe it that it was actually hot outside, or what Utah people call hot! So a handful of the eggs had to be put in the sink to be cleaned out. All of the Chocolate had to be put in the freezer to harden up again, but I don't think the kids don't mind! 
We ate a wonderful dinner after that and enjoyed each others company on this wonderful Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Easter! I can only imagine how many eggs you had if you used that much yard space. The girls look so cute in their Easter dresses with their curly hair. They are looking more alike all the time. I think the bangs makes a big difference. Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete