Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 2 of Graduation!

Friday started at 9:30am with everyone meeting at mom's house to drive over to BYU! We went a little more causal today. Cory had shirts made for all the kids and us girls! Yes the boy's didn't get shirts because we ALL knew that ONE of them...Josh...would never play the game and wear his shirt! So the other boys just wore BYU shirts to support my mom...and yes Josh couldn't even do that, sometimes he can just be a butt (and yes that is the nicest word I could come up with, I would call him something more colorful but this is a family blog!) The girls shirts said: Proud Daughter of a BYU GRADUATE. And the kid's shirts said, My Nana is a Cougar...but in the middle of a and Cougar BYU is pushed in...it's funny! We took tons of pictures to document the day here are a few... 
We sat way up at the top to the Marriott so I went down to the special photo area so that I could get a good photo of my mom when her name was called! The tears came as soon as they called out "Claudia Ann Cole"! 
After we made my mom take pictures with each and everyone of us! She smiled and endured it, she will be happy we have documented all this someday!
If you are wondering why Josh is holding up the number 2, it is because everyone jokes that my mom is his second wife...and if you are wondering, yes she HATES this, so we joke about it even more (that is the Cole way)!

It was a wonderful day to spend as a family. The kids sort of made it through the whole ceremony without too much trouble, but I don't think that they are in a hurry to go to another one any time soon. As we were driving home my mom asked the girls if they would like to go to Auntie Celeste's or Josh's graduation next...Elizabeth quickly said that she didn't think they needed to go back to school, or maybe they could graduate at the same time so that she would only have to go to one more of these things! Abby of course the "PC" one of the bunch said that she would go to both!

1 comment:

  1. We are all just happy or surprised that Josh didn't wear a UNLV shirt. I think when I graduated it was just a one day thing. I don't know if I would have made it 2 days. I'm a little bit like Elizabeth. Great pictures to help all of you remember this special day. Congratulations Claudia!!

    ReplyDelete