Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lindon Elementary Walk-A-Thon!

 This year has been a really bad year for outside activities at Lindon Elementary School. It seems that the weather does NOT want us outside. First it was the carnival now it is the Walk-A-Thon! This was the second annual Walk-A-Thon to earn money for the girls school. I love that they do this rather then selling cookies or something that I don't really need. The kids walk, run, or what ever around the track to help raise money for their school. This year it was SO cold outside and it snowed that morning! Yes snowed!! They had the kids run in side the school while it was snowing but once it stopped they were outside. So unfortunately they started the outside running when the 3rd graders started their run, and wouldn't you know it somehow I got roped into helping out! I'm not really sure how that happened but yes I was out in the cold cheering the kids on while marking off each of their laps for them. By the end of just the 3rd graders 45mins I couldn't feel my face or my fingers! I ran home after that to get better prepared...like get a heavy coat on and some gloves so that I could come back to help for the 1st graders. Then some how I stayed for the kindergarteners!  It was fun to see all the kids so excited to run and get marked off each lap! I think the kindergarteners were my favorite, of course they ran inside so it was warmer, but they were just extra excited to be there. The girls did very well. Elizabeth ran 12 times around the track which is to what I understand is a little over 2 miles and Abby ran 11 times and was kind of upset that she did less then Elizabeth! Here are some pictures of the girls right before they ran...


2 comments:

  1. Brrr. I think they should change the dates of all your outside activities to May. They did great to go as far as they did. Way to go girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice for all of us! I learn many things from you. Keep up the good work and get ready for that 5K. I know you will do great. Unlike Josh, I know you will finish! You inspire me to do more (that is when you call me) haha. Keep up the good work. I am proud of you and your determination to better yourself.

    ReplyDelete